The participants of exhibition events
THE PARTICIPANTS OF EXHIBITION EVENTS
Accommodation offer for participants of exhibitions and fairs in Moscow
Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Russian Federation offers during the fairs of Belarusian enterprises in Moscow, organized by the regional Executive committees and Minsk city Executive Committee, or the staff of the various organizations and agencies to save travel expenses, the traveler to place in the rooms of economy class hotels Embassy Polese (Moscow, Center, ul. Maroseyka, 17/6) three people in the room.
In the hotel during the fairs by agreement is possible to organize business meetings and negotiations on issues of promotion of Belarusian products in Moscow and other Russian regions.
In order to determine the needs in the rooms of economy class, you must promptly inform the Embassy about the possible timing of placement and quantity of disposed participants for trade fairs and exhibitions.
Address: 101990, Moscow, street Maroseyka, 17/6
Phone: +7(495) 7776644, Fax: + 7(495) 7776633
The participation of enterprises and organizations in exhibitions and fairs is one of the most effective tools in their marketing policy. Exhibition and fairs give the opportunity to the company in a certain place at a certain time to present the whole list of goods, works and services, face to face with their customers, counterparties and competitors, learn new trends in the market and to take a direct part in its formation.
Participation in the exhibition (fair) requires certain financial costs and with the right preparation can ensure a positive outcome for the company.
The main stages of the preparation and of the company's participation in the exhibition are:
- the definition of the objectives of the company's participation in exhibitions;
- the choice of exhibitions (fairs);
- preparation for participation in exhibitions;
- stand organization and personnel work at the exhibition (fair);
- summing up the results of participation in the event.
The definition of the objectives of the company's participation in exhibition event
Before you make a final decision about participation in the exhibition, the company should clearly define the goals and objectives of participation. They can be:
- presentation of new products or services;
- increase sales through new orders;
- strengthening relations with existing partners (customers);
- the improvement of company image or brand;
- support for dealers;
- a study of the state of the current market and identifying promising markets;
- meeting with buyers at the event;
- attracting the attention of the media, etc.
Clearly defined objectives will allow the company to formulate objectives for their achievement, to correctly select the most suitable exhibitions and to form a plan of preparation and participation in the event.
The choice of exhibition (fair)
The choice of a particular exhibition event directly depends on the marketing strategy of the company, the goals and objectives of participation as well as financial opportunities.
For the initial selection of exhibitions (fairs) are required to collect information about each event, which represents for the company a certain interest. Such information may be obtained from the organisers of these events have previously participated, exhibitors and visitors, as well as various organizations involved in exhibition activities. The results for each event you need to install:
- type of the exhibition industry (universal, specialized) and regional (international, national, regional) basis;
- the theme of the exhibition;
- the time and venue;
- the organizer of the event and its prominence;
- quantitative and qualitative composition of exhibitors in recent years;
- quantitative and qualitative composition of visitors;
- the size of the exhibition area rented by the exhibitors;
- the dynamics of business activity;
- the cost of services provided;
- feedback about the event and the organizers in the media.
Comparative analysis of these data will allow to choose the most appropriate event to attend.
To make a final decision about participation in the exhibition (fair), conduct additional analysis, which should consider the following:
- matching the theme of the exhibition mind the presented goods (works, services);
- the possibility of achieving the formulated goals and objectives through participation in the selected event;
- participation in the planned event of the main competitors;
- financial capabilities of the company.
Preparation for participation in exhibition event
The company took the decision about participation in the exhibition (trade fair), you must decide on a form of its participation. Depending on the interests and financial capabilities of the company, you can choose any form of participation offered by the organizer of the event.
- participation at the individual stand of standard construction;
- participation on the individual branded booth construction (individual design);
- participation in the collective exhibition of the group of companies;
- participation and information and advertising stand with projects, directories, reference and information literature, advertising films and packages business proposals;
- participation as a visitor ("business visit") with the opportunity to participate in all events held during the exhibition (seminars (round tables, etc.);
- remote participation in the placement of information in official catalogue of exhibition (fair) and distribution of promotional materials at the exhibition.
After determining the forms of participation it is necessary to make a detailed plan-schedule of training participation in the exhibition event, which may include the following main activities:
- getting a full set of information and application documents from the organizer of the exhibition;
- determination of the size and location of the stand;
- submission of application to the organizer for participation in the exhibition and events of a business nature (seminars, round tables, conferences, etc.);
- the development of the stand design, order necessary equipment;
- inventory of exhibits to showcase at the exhibition;
- placement of information about company in the exhibition catalogue;
- production of promotional and information materials (booklets, prospectuses, price lists, technical descriptions of the goods, etc.) and Souvenirs (pens, calendars, flags, caps, t-shirts, and other products with the company logo);
- conduct pre-advertising campaign to attract the attention of potential visitors to the exhibition;
- manufacture and distribution of invitations to potential customers, in cooperation with which the company is interested.
- selection and training of the staff (receptionists);
- insurance, transportation, warehousing and storage of exhibits, as well as various materials needed for the manufacture and decoration of the stand;
- preparation of travel, accommodation in the hotel of the staff involved in the exhibition;
- the scheduling of the work of the staff (receptionists);
- installation of exhibition constructions and decoration of stand; a stand, etc.
Considering the activities included in the schedule of preparation for participation in the exhibition shall be calculated and the estimate of costs. The funds allocated by the company for participation in the exhibition (fair), must be reasonable and sufficient to achieve the formulated goals.
Practice shows that in most cases, more than half of all the costs necessary for the production (processing) of the stand rental of exhibition space. However, it is important to provide means at the appropriate level to organize the work of staff and to undertake the necessary advertising campaign.
The main purpose of the pre-advertising campaign to inform about the participation of the Exhibitor in the exhibition to attract maximum number of visitors-specialists, interested in the company. Attracting and inviting visitors to the stand of the company is one of the most important events of the preparation for participation in the exhibition, which can be implemented through:
- direct mailing of invitations to the target audience (potential and existing partners, representatives of authorities, media, etc.);
- advertising in the directory of exhibitors. Almost all organizers of exhibitions are available printed or electronic directories of participants, where you have the option of placing their ads;
- advertising in specialized magazines, which publishes a special issue dedicated to the exhibition and offering accommodation of advertising;
- outdoor advertising in public places (airport, station, public transport, billboards and posters in the city or on the entrance to the exhibition center, etc.);
Exhibitors can also use the Internet to inform about their participation through posting on its website, the website of the organizer or on the websites of other organizations, contributing to the creation of increased attention to participation in the exhibition.
Effective communication can also facilitate the successful participation in the exhibition if the Exhibitor is especially innovative products or deals with an interesting topic. At almost every exhibition runs the press center, where exhibitors can leave their press releases.
One of the ways of effective work with the press - organization of press conferences and interviews that can be held directly on the stand or in special premises of the exhibition centre.
In addition to the above activities, an important role is played by the availability and quality of promotional materials and Souvenirs.
Advertising and information materials is encouraged to prepare for each specific exhibition. In the preparation of materials for exhibitions held abroad, special attention should be paid to the accuracy of the translations into foreign languages. All advertising materials must include the logo and coordinates of the company. Preferably for free distribution among the visitors to prepare a short prospectus or a flyer, and handing potential customers a more detailed brochure or catalogue.
Standard Souvenirs at any exhibition are calendars, pens, lighters, badges, notebooks, plastic or paper bags, etc. Souvenirs should be inexpensive, functional, and contain branding (logo and contact information). The purpose of distribution of gifts is not increasing sales, and maintaining company image.
Stand organization and personnel work at the exhibition (fair)
The exhibition stand is usually called a business card of the Exhibitor. Concept and design of the stand is determined by the purpose of participation in the exhibition and financial capabilities of the company.
From the chosen concept and design depends on the type (stand in row, corner, island, Peninsula), the size and characteristics of the future stand as well as a range of products for demonstration. Additionally the stand can be represented by models, diagrams, photos and videos of the presentation. The exhibits must not interfere with communication with visitors.
The stand can be divided into three zones:
the passive zone is used to attract the attention and interest of visitors passing by the stand;
active area - used to get in touch with the visitor to ascertain the scope of his interests;
intensive area - here you get to demonstrate the product, to discuss the proposal and sign the contract.
It is important that the stand was clearly and logically structured, and its design reflects the uniqueness of the company and has been sustained in uniform corporate style. It is recommended to use company logo, brand colors and fonts to develop consistent with the corporate style design of promotional materials on the stand (catalogues, brochures, flyers), as well as to consider the appearance of the staff. A good stand design will ensure a memorable appearance.
In the design of the stand must ensure that appropriate equipment and to install the necessary technical equipment. Thoughtful design of the stand helps to create the necessary conditions for successful work of the personnel involved in the exhibition and implementation of the marketing strategy of the company.
The work of the staff
For successful work at the exhibition must carry out the selection of qualified personnel. The main selection criteria are: experience in exhibition events;
high level of theoretical and practical professional knowledge;
knowledge of the history of the company, its activities and represent the products (services);
ability and desire to communicate with people; well spoken; knowledge of foreign languages;
confident behavior and resourcefulness during unusual situations; the ability to find reasonable solutions to complex issues; ability to work with the tools media; attractive appearance.
Before working on the exhibition, the staff should receive proper training and instruction, during which you have to discuss the issues related to this exhibition:
the theme of the exhibition;
the composition of the exhibitors;
the purpose of participation in the exhibition (fair);
the list of products (services) that are presented at the exhibition, their main qualitative parameters, price and competitive advantages;
the challenges facing staff (familiarization with the products and the company's activities, contracts, sales, etc.);
the work schedule of the staff on the stand;
the responsibilities of individual employees during the event; handle the media; the main categories of possible visitors; possible patterns of behavior of visitors;
rules of conduct for employees, taking into account national cultural characteristics of the country of exhibition;
the procedure of conducting marketing research;
rules of registration of potential clients, their wishes and recommendations;
the order of summing up the company's participation in the exhibition etc.
Professional knowledge necessary for the personnel of the exhibition is not only to work on the stand, but also outside it.
At the stand of the main tasks of the personnel are attracting more visitors and establishing interaction with them, identifying the existing and potential customers (partners), providing them with further contacts in order to organize effective cooperation.
Outside of the booth staff should be implemented in order to:
study of the specifics of the exhibition for further decision-making about whether to participate in it in the future;
study competitors ' products, prices, and distribution channels;
generate ideas on the development of new products;
search of new partners (including intermediaries);
research the ways and possibilities of promotion of products on target markets.
At the end of each day of the exhibition staff, it is advisable to take the interim results, which will subsequently allow you to assess the effectiveness of participation in exhibition event, to identify deficiencies and determine ways of eliminating them.
Summing up the results of participation in the event
The result of participation in the exhibition can be evaluated immediately after the event on the basis of the report of the staff worked on the stand. In particular, the report should be reflected:
the number of visitors, changes compared to previous years;
the acceptability of the location of the stand;
contacts with visitors;
the validity of architectural and design solutions for stand;
the selection of exhibits; receipt of orders;
working with the media;
the validity of expenses for preparation and participation in the fair or exhibition.
analysis of competitors ' activities, presented at the exhibition.
The information collected by staff at the exhibition will allow to analyze the opinion of the visitors about the company, its products, and to compile data on competitors. The staff report can serve as a basis for a more detailed assessment of the results of participation in the exhibition.
To gain a more complete picture about the effectiveness of the company's participation in the work of the exhibition, should conduct a comparative analysis of the goals of participation in the exhibition and the results achieved. It is necessary to analyze the degree of achievement of each goal.
Efficiency of participation in exhibition depends largely on how quickly the company can respond to queries from potential clients and how quickly and competently will be worked out client base generated during the work activities.
To consolidate acquired contacts through telephone conversations, business correspondence, organization of business meetings and visits. The contacts established at the exhibition are realized on average in the period from 3 to 12 months after the event.
The final evaluation of the effectiveness of the company's participation in the exhibition it is advisable to spend a year after participation in the event.
Assessment of effectiveness is the basis for making subsequent decisions about participation in exhibitions, identify and correct errors and improve future operations.